Today I Am Thankful For:
- Not doing the traditional Thanksgiving turkey thing. Nope. Today I am ordering a pizza and drinking pints of Guinness. Why waste a perfectly good day of football spending it in the kitchen (or stranded at the airport because of the weather)?
- Football. Others may be binging on turkey, but I will binge-watch my day away with football. Bonus: football has no calories! No wasting my long weekend at the gym allaying my guilt of over-eating.
- The guy who came up with the whole DVR concept. I record all my favorite shows so I watch them on my schedule. My favorite feature: the fast-forward button to blast past all those annoying “Black Friday Sales” that have been airing since BEFORE Halloween.
- The choice to avoid “Black Friday” all together. Sorry, but offering me 20% savings is not worth my sleeping in. If you want my business, you will offer me the best deal whenever, if ever, I decide to grace my presence in your store. If you are not willing to do that then there is always Amazon.com.
- Amazon.com. Thanks to them I have been able to set foot in the mall a LOT less often. Bonus: not having to navigate swarms of Abercrombie & Fitch clad, hyper-texting pre-teens.
- My loving wife, who gets me and allows me to get away with avoiding traditions, opting out of the Christmas shopping hype, and watching lots of football.